Choose Your Own Adventure
There are two ways to work with us at Common Meter Press – submit to the Press, or to the Studio.
The PressHow We Curate
Our press functions like a traditional press. We pay our writers an advance for their manuscript and royalties for sales, and work together for distribution. Our writers get the full press treatment.
When submitting a manuscript, please include:
- The full-length manuscript with up to 36 poems
- Your bio, CV, and relevant publications
- Any goals for press, distribution, and licensing
- For writers, a location of you reading or performing your work (optional but helpful)
- For musicians, a location to where we can listen to your work (preferably Bandcamp)
We'll have an open reading period in January of 2024.
The StudioHow We Work
To work with our studio, we ask very little. Bring your big idea – whether it's a book, zine, streaming production, or something else – and we'll take it from there.
Our studio acts more like a creative agency for multi-disciplinary writers and musicians. Whether you need help with an analog or a digital release, we've got you covered.
Please bring the following:
- The full-length manuscript, songbook, or album
- Ideal deliverables (physical vs digital goods)
- Timeline requirements
- Budget requirements
We are open for new clients on a rolling basis.
In Good Hands
However you choose to work with us, you'll be in good company – and good hands. We like to think our work speaks for itself.